What is the key to happiness? I think it’s whatever you want it to be. You control how you feel and if something makes you feel happy I think you need to focus on that over everything else.
It is amazing what others learn from life. The greatest lessons are the ones you learn the hard way. These quotes are from those hard lessons and should help you understand what will make you happy.
I want to share with you the top 25 quotes that I think will help you create happiness and allow you to free yourself to chase your dreams:
1. “Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.” – Buddha
2. “If you want happiness for an hour — take a nap. If you want happiness for a day — go fishing. If you want happiness for a year — inherit a fortune. If you want happiness for a lifetime — help someone else.” – Chinese Proverb
3. “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.” – Dale Carnegie
5. “Happy people plan actions, they don’t plan results.” – Dennis Waitley
6. “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.” –Mahatma Gandhi
7. “Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful.” – Herman Cain
8. “There is only one cause of unhappiness: the false beliefs you have in your head, beliefs so widespread, so commonly held, that it never occurs to you to question them.” – Anthony de Mello
9. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
10. “Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
11. “The secret of happiness is not in doing what one likes, but in liking what one does.” – James M. Barrie
12. “Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable, than risk being happy.” – Dr. Robert Anthony
13. “The two enemies of human happiness are pain and boredom.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
14. “Happiness is a how; not a what. A talent, not an object.” – Herman Hesse
15. “The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny.” – Albert Ellis
16. “Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, not because they never found it, but because they didn’t stop to enjoy it.” – William Feather
17. “Learn to let go. That is the key to happiness.” – Buddha
18. “Enjoy your own life without comparing it with that of another.” – Marquis de Condorcet
19. “The happiest people in the world are those who feel absolutely terrific about themselves, and this is the natural outgrowth of accepting total responsibility for every part of their life.” – Brian Tracy
20. “Optimism is a happiness magnet. If you stay positive, good things and good people will be drawn to you.” – Mary Lou Retton
21. “Happiness consists of living each day as if it were the first day of your honeymoon and the last day of your vacation.” – Leo Tolstoy
22. “Most people are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
23. “Being happy doesn’t mean everything is perfect. It means you’ve decided to look beyond the imperfections.” – Unknown
24. “Life will bring you pain all by itself. Your responsibility is to create joy.” – Milton Erickson
25. “If you spend your whole life waiting for the storm, you’ll never enjoy the sunshine.” – Morris West
I hope these quotes help you create the happiness you deserve in life!
Please check out some of our related posts. Follow our blog to stay current on our latest articles and posts and follow our socials so you can get updates on the go.